NOTE: All links in the slideshow are clickable.
The Topics in this Local SEO Presentation
- Local SEO Strategies
- Many things you can do without editing code on your website
- Basic On-Site SEO Checklist
- Using Social Media to Reinforce Your Brand
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural” or unpaid (“organic”) search results.
Organic SEO – May also hear it called: national, general, basic, standard, or simply – SEO
Local Search Engine OptimizationThe starting point for every #smallbusiness website is #LocalSEO! Click To Tweet
Many Local services and products will show up in the Local Block on a Google search (in red, below)
Local SEO Top Priorities
- Create/claim/verify Google+ business page
- LocalBusiness Schema Markup on your website
- Business name, URL, address, phone number
- Citations (directory listings) – Consistent NAP (name, address, phone number)
- Standardized phone number/address location on your website (clickable on touchscreen devices)
- Phone number in the header
- Address and phone number in the footer
Use Social Media to Reinforce Your Brand
Social Media on Your Website
- Links to social media sites visible on every page (header and/or footer)
- Social sharing buttons on every post/product so visitors can easily share your content, if they want. If possible, add counters to the social media icons
- Social media meta data (open graph, Twitter cards, Google publisher)
General Beginner Social Media Strategies
- You don’t need to use every social media network
- Don’t overwhelm – Yourself or your followers
- Stagger posting times of your new blog posts and content to various social media networks
- Share information from industry experts
- Share information relevant to the lifestyle of your target customer/follower
- Use tools to assist with social media.
Some of My Favorite Social Media Tools
This presentation is just a starting point for Local SEO and small business social media
Following the tips in this short presentation is a great starting point for any small business who targets local customers. After hitting these basic topics, small business webmasters will be ready to tackle more advanced SEO and social media strategies.