Changing name servers for your domain name is a very common task, especially if you have purchased your domain name on one website, but host your website with another website.
This short video tutorial gives step-by-step instructions to change your name servers for a website purchased on Godaddy.com. NOTE: You need to contact your web host to obtain the proper name servers. Usually, this information is provided in the web host’s “welcome” email and can also be found on the web hosting control panel.
If you host with WebWorks of KC, your name servers are ns1.webworksofkc.com and ns2.webworksofkc.com
The step-by-step written instructions to change your Godaddy name servers:
- Login at Godaddy.com using your username or your customer ID number
- Go to the “My Account” menu, then click “Manage My Domains”
- Click on the domain which you need to edit the name servers
- In the “Nameservers” section, click “Manage”
- Select “Custom” in the popup, then click “Enter custom nameservers”
- Enter at least two nameservers for your web host, then click “OK”
- Click “Save” to save your changes.
Nameserver changes can take up to 48 hours to take effect. In reality, Godaddy usually only takes a few minutes for changes to take effect.
If you run into any problems, just let me know in the comments section.