2017 marks the 4th year that I have been on the organizing team of WordCamp KC.
I’m happy to announce that WebWorks of KC will be sponsoring Kansas City brewed beer for the WordCamp KC wrap-party on Saturday (4/29) evening at Tapcade in the Crossroads.
What is WordCamp Kansas City?
WordCamp is a casual conference focused on the WordPress web development platform. In Kansas City, our WordCamp is 2 days – April 28th and 29th.
Even though WordCamps are focused on creating and managing websites using WordPress, we understand that most website owners don’t really care how their website is built – just that it helps their business succeed. This is why we have great speakers covering topics all across entrepreneurship, digital marketing, social media, SEO, as well as WordPress website development.
In 2017, we’ve compiled a great list of well-know WordPress aficionados and local marketing professionals. The WordCamp KC 2017 schedule really does have something for everybody.
If you want to attend WordCamp KC – and you should – you can get your ticket now for only $40. The WordPress project is open source and free to use. WordCamps follow a similar model, offering great WordCamp conferences all across the world that are affordable to everyone. Of course, it costs more than $40 per person to put on a conference like this, and WordCamps rely heavily on the kindness of businesses who have used WordPress to grow their business and are eager to give back to their local WordPress users community. This is how we can offer such a great conference at such a low cost.
Which WordCamp KC sessions should I attend?
I will be in the middle of the hustle and bustle running the operations at WordCamp KC, and I won’t be able to attend as many sessions as I would like, so you will have to attend all of them for me!
I work with small business owners every day, so I’ve created a recommended WordCamp KC schedule perfect for small business owners.
Let me know what you think!
Thursday, April 27th
Friday, April 28th
- 9am, Keynote – The 3 Core Focuses of WordPress in 2017
- 10am, Digital Business Decisions
- 11am, Using Google Tools for Website Analytics
- 1pm, Crafting a Killer Editorial Calendar with WordPress
- 2pm, Getting The Most of Your $$ on Social
- 3pm, What Entrepreneurs Should Know About The Law
- 4pm, Local SEO Essentials
- 7pm, WordCamp KC Friday Party at Ruins Pub
Saturday, April 29th
- 9am, Developing a Video Strategy That Will Change Your Business
- 10am, Facebook Live! The Secret Sauce
- 11am, Beyond fraud basics: Be secure. Be safe. Be informed
- 1pm, Actionable Demographic Data Using Google Analytics
- 2pm, Making Your Site Worthy Of Paid Traffic
- 3pm, How to increase your organic reach with social media marketing
- 4pm, The Role of WordPress Websites in B2B Marketing Automation
- 6pm, WordCamp KC Wrap-Party at Tapcade – WebWorks of KC is sponsoring this party!
View the entire WordCamp KC schedule
As you notice, I have included all three of the WordCamp KC parties in my suggested sessions/events to attend. For me, the most beneficial thing I get out of WordCamp each year is the relationships that I build at lunch (sit by someone you don’t know) and at the after-parties.
WordCamps are organized by volunteers, and all speakers volunteer their time – and pay for their own travel. WordCamp organizers, speakers, volunteers and attendees are the most friendly and easy-going conference-goers you will ever meet.
If you have a tough question you need answered, offer to buy a speaker a beer – they’ll be happy to share their knowledge and experience.
See you at WordCamp KC!
If you’re at WordCamp KC, shoot me a Tweet (@TravisPflanz) and let’s meet up!
Which WordCamp KC session are you most excited to attend?
Let me know in the comments section!